Which rock act will become the champion of Rock the Bracket?! You can help us decide!
We’re giving you the chance to pick the GREATEST rock act of all time. Select your personal winners from the seeds we’ve provided below.
One random player will receive a $300 service certificate good at ANY Cavenaugh Dealership!
All rounds start at 9 a.m. and carry through to 11:59 p.m. on the ending date. Dates are as follows:
• Round 1: March 15 – March 18
• Round 2: March 19 – March 22
• Round 3: March 23 – March 26
• Round 4: March 29 – March 20
• Round 5: March 31 – April 3
• Round 6: April 5 – April 8
Official rules can be found below the contest registration form!
—OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES—
This contest runs from March 15, 2021 at 9 a.m. until April 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
In order to register, listeners must fill out the entry form in full on Eagle1005.com; this includes, but is not limited to registrant name, phone number, and email address. After filling out the contestant contact information, participants can then fill out their bracket selections for the round they are participating.
After the submit button is clicked, the registration is complete.
Participants will vote on which band should win in each match up on each round. The band with the largest number of votes at the end of the round will proceed to the next round until one band is named the victor.
Round dates are as follows:
• Round 1: March 15, 2021 at 9 a.m. to March 18, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
• Round 2: March 19, 2021 at 9 a.m. to March 22, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
• Round 3: March 23, 2021 at 9 a.m. to March 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
• Round 4: March 29, 2021 at 9 a.m. to March 20, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
• Round 5: March 31, 2021 at 9 a.m. to April 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
• Round 6: April 5, 2021 at 9 a.m. to April 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
One entry per person per round. Submitting more than one entry per person per round will invalidate all entries by that contestant. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
Winner selection in this contest is not based a perfect-bracket entry. One winner will be selected at random from all qualified entries regardless of number of rounds entered. That winner will be contacted on April 9 by noon. The winner must respond within 24 hours of an attempt to contact. If no contact is made within the 24 hours, a new winner will be selected from the same pool of registrants.
The prize is a $300 service certificate good at ANY Cavanaugh Dealership. Prize amount is based on face value of the service certificate.
To redeem, the winner will pick up the service certificate at Jonesboro Radio Group offices at 314 Union Street in Jonesboro, AR during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). A photo ID must be provided at time of collection. Service certificate may be presented to any Cavenaugh Dealership when services are needed.
Jonesboro Radio Group reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Jonesboro Radio Group restricts the local winners to residents of the following counties: Craighead, AR; Poinsett, AR; Lawrence, AR; Sharp, AR; Independence, AR; Jackson, AR; Randolph, AR; Clay, AR; and Greene, AR.
Entrants further grant to Jonesboro Radio Group the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
Jonesboro Radio Group reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents are copyright of Jonesboro Radio Group. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
The winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
Jonesboro Radio Group is not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to notification by phone call.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
Jonesboro Radio Group reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
No purchase necessary. Prize is not redeemable or transferable for cash. Prize will not be broken apart for gifts or transferrable to other persons. Jonesboro Radio Group (“JRG”) sole responsibility will be to award the prize. JRG shall have no further responsibility in connection with the prize if the prize winner, for any reason, cannot or decides not to use any of the prize. Winner responsible for all applicable state and federal taxes. Fees and incidentals are not included.
100.5 The Eagle contests are open to all Northeast Arkansans 18 or older have not won anything on 100.5 The Eagle in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
Employees of 100.5 The Eagle, Jonesboro Radio Group, Saga Communications of Arkansas, llc., and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Jonesboro Radio Group main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on 100.5 The Eagle radio and on the eagle1005.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “100.5 The Eagle” means Saga Communications of Arkansas, LLC, dba Jonesboro Radio Group and its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., which owns 100.5 The Eagle radio:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any 100.5 The Eagle contest.
- To be eligible to win any prize on 100.5 The Eagle you must not have won anything on 100.5 The Eagle in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the 100.5 The Eagle studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a 100.5 The Eagle contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes without any compensation to you.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. 100.5 The Eagle reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the 100.5 The Eagle studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), 100.5 The Eagle’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as (100.5 The Eagle) awarding the prize to the winner. 100.5 The Eagle shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. 100.5 The Eagle shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All 100.5 The Eagle contests are open to all eligible residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified) living within 75 miles of station transmitter(s). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to 100.5 The Eagle that will be presented to 100.5 The Eagle and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of 100.5 The Eagle, it's advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the 100.5 The Eagle main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the 100.5 The Eagle studios, 314 Union, Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- 100.5 The Eagle reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- 100.5 The Eagle assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. 100.5 The Eagle, its advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each are absolved and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, 100.5 The Eagle reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of 100.5 The Eagle management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- 100.5 The Eagle reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. 100.5 The Eagle's decision is always final. In the event any one of the general contest rules which govern all 100.5 The Eagle contests contradict with any specific contest term, the specific contest term will control.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: 870-935-1005. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at 100.5 The Eagle has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- 100.5 The Eagle shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond 100.5 The Eagle’s control.
- For any contest involving on-line voting: If an entrant receives irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated means, 100.5 The Eagle reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion and/or use another means to determine the winner(s), ex. – random selection or appointing a panel of judges.
- 100.5 The Eagle is not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or act of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this contest or website, or act in violation of the official service, as solely determined by the station, will be disqualified. Neither sponsor nor promotion parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. 100.5 The Eagle is not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this contest. Should any portion of contest be, in 100.5 The Eagle’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the station, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest, or contest plays, 100.5 The Eagle reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest.
- 100.5 The Eagle has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on eagle1005.com:
- All appropriate information in required fields must be entered correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
- To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of 100.5 The Eagle as defined at the exclusive discretion of 100.5 The Eagle management.
- Any problems with the internet or email are not 100.5 The Eagle’s responsibility.
- Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
- Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all on 100.5 The Eagle. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard on the internet are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when 100.5 The Eagle contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
- A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the 100.5 The Eagle studios 314 Union, Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401